Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2nd Day

I got TONS of paperwork to review 'at my leisure' today. There was only two providers starting today and we had completely separate sessions. That means that I had an individual meeting with the coding, billing, and benefits people. Talk about one on one attention to welcome you!

I did get my email address and had an orientation to the computer system used for patient documentation. I get my beeper, laptop and will have my lab coat fitting tomorrow. Scary...lab coat fitting. I usually just buy the least offensive polyester one that I can find maybe I can get one in cotton.

I am off on Friday and Monday. The scheduler counted my two orientation days and the holiday so only one more day of work this week before a four day weekend. Who knows when this will happen again so I had better enjoy my extra long weekend. I will be following my preceptor's schedule for a little while until I get a little grip on the system.

I have a desk in the office with a window view (of the main roof). It took my Dad 20 years to get an office with a window so I hope that he won't be too jealous. The only drawback is that I have no direct shelf space above my head but there is space on the side wall and that is completely ok with me. There is another new NP who started two weeks ago so there will be two newbies. She is experienced as an NP but is new to cardiology. I am old to cardiology but new to being an NP so hopefully we will balance each other out. My coworkers have been really friendly and seem quite dedicated. I will be working on the floor and with the patients starting tomorrow.

I have my stethoscope, pocket guides, and calipers ready to go. My lab coat is hanging over my rocking chair (which used to sit on my porch and now is in my living room as there is no porch in NH!)

NH broke it's December snowfall total of 44 inches in Concord. It is the most snow in December since they started keeping track. And I am loving it! Let it snow, let it snow!

No comments: