My brother came for a visit this past weekend before he starts graduate school (his second time around). His program is an intensive 363 day program at Union College for which he will acheive a master's of arts in teaching. I figured that this past weekend was the last time he would get to be away and not have homework to do! We had a nice time exploring the Lebanon/Hanover area and checking out some local eateries. We hiked at Quechee Gorge and we got to meet lots of people at church. I am always amazed at how friendly folks are here.
I hiked Mt Cardigan on Wednesday with some coworkers. We left after work (hiked up about an hour at my pace) and were able to watch the sunset through the clouds. The view was spectacular and I am told it is the best view for your hike in the area. It was a full moon that night but the clouds blocked the view so the moonlight hike will have to be post poned until next month. It may be summer but you still need coats and hats on the top so I guess that my winter wardrobe can't be put away just yet.
Kristy and Ed had their baby on Monday, (for reference my bridesmaid dress was highlighter green). Sienna Sofia arrived at 3:08pm on June 16th. Mom and baby are doing well and they are all home now. Sienna didn't have a name for two days, which is ironic since her mother has had a baby name list since before I met her 12 years ago! Sienna has a head of dark hair and blue eyes in the photos I have seen so far. Her mother is amazed at her hair color but I remember when she wasn't a blonde... Her name reminds me of the burnt sienna crayon I used to use in my 64 count crayon pack, so I have gathered together a crayon bouquet to give to Sienna later today.
A couple of college friends will also be in Boston today so it will be a nice reunion of sorts and we will all get to meet Sienna. I can't wait to meet her!
1 comment:
what an awesome description of your hike... would love to see those views. glad you had a great time with your brother!
keep the blogs rollin'....
Post a Comment